A lot's been going on, though. LM started Kendo class. Basically, it's a class to teach him how to wield a sword, Samurai style. For those of you who think that's an insane idea on our part, I may have to agree with you on that one. But, hey, if the kid's gonna wield a sword regardless, might as well teach him how to do it properly....
Anyway, the quotes are starting to stack up, so here goes nothin':
1. LM: (after being chided by hubby for not finishing his chore) "Oh well, at least I picked up half my mess!"
Hubby: "Oh, okay, maybe I'll only give you half of your breakfast tomorrow then!"
LM: "Sounds like a fair deal to me!"
(LM walked away from that exchange quite pleased, while hubby realized he'd been foiled again.... Note to self: if you don't intend for LM to take an offer literally, don't make it.)
2. The Bopper: (wanting to see her brother's new Toy Story character) "Hey Mister, can I check out your Woody?"
(Am I the only one who immediately thinks of...oh, never mind.)
3. LM: (amidst an argument he and hubby were having) "Dad, am I hearing a little bit of rudies coming from me and you? 'Cause I don't do rudies anymore."
(Rudies? What are we, in Kindergarten? Besides, he totally still does rudies!)
4. LM: "Mom, will you help me get my DS stylus from underneath Ruby's bed?"
Me: (having just gotten gussied up for a wedding) "No, bud, I just did my hair and make-up and I don't want to ruin it."
LM: (trying to find a loophole) "But Mom, I don't think your hair looks all that good."
(Nice try, buddy, I'm still not crawling under the bed!)
5. LM: "Hey Mom, I painted Starscream white, and now I call him Ice Scream."
(Ohhhhh, now there's a name to instill fear into the hearts of his enemies! Watch out, everyone, Ice Cream is coming to get you-- ahhhhhh, help! Not that cool, creamy sweetness!)
6. LM: (admiring his daddy's physique) "Dad! You have a six pack! Now, all you need to do is lose this." (Pokes hubby's paunch.)
The rest are hubby's sleep (or nearly sleep) talking quotes. He's usually good for a few laughs-- but you can be the judge of that.
1. Hubby: (asleep, but after I had coughed loudly) "Shhhhhhhhhh ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch-- quiet!"
2. Hubby: (asleep) "Hey, can I have one?" (Pokes me a few times.) "Can I have one?"
3. Hubby: (his sleep being disturbed after I reached over him to grab something) "Nooooo! You and your pesky friends!"
4. Hubby: (asleep-- rolls over and slings an arm around me) "Ahhhhh, you're amazing! Amazing! Amaaaaaaazing."
5. Hubby: (asleep-- and in a Southern accent) "Said one bun to the other bun, 'I won't make it!'"
In fact, while I've been typing this post (with my mad secretarial typing skills-- not) I upset hubby's sleep a bit. Unfortunately, he didn't say anything worth repeating-- it was much too coherent for public interest. But I suppose he's right about one thing: I should put this dang computer away and get some sleep. G'night, everyone!