Well, I have a few quotes for any of you who've hung in there through the dry spell. This will probably be one of the last posts that include hubby's sleep-talking quotes since my computer has been banned from bed (something about it being annoying or something like that).
1. Hubby: (asleep) "Settle down, you wild punk! Settle down or you'll end up on your butt!"
2. LM: "Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to get a Camaro."
Me: "Did you know that my Uncle J used to have a red Camaro?"
LM: "Really?! Does he still have it?"
Me: "Ummmm...I don't know."
LM: "Well, if he does, I'm totally going to buy it from him for like, $400! Then I'll have my own sweet Camaro!"
(So, what do you say, Uncle J? Do we have a deal?)
3. LM: "Mom, did you know you have a big butt?"
Me: "Errr...yes, I did know that."
LM: "It's probably because of your muffin top, right?"
(Wow, a two-fer diss. Gotta love that!)
4. Hubby: (asleep) "What's going on there, big guy? And I don't mean He-Man."
5. LM: "I have one question; how do you feel about having a muscle on your core?"
(How does he do that-- ask unanswerable questions with such ease?)
6. Hubby: (asleep, and in a Southern accent) "He got 'er good, Bobby! Yes he did! Damn St. Petersburg...." (mumble, mumble, mumble).
(Cussing doesn't count if it's done in one's sleep, right?)
7. LM: (talking about a kid who isn't very kind to him) "Mom, next time I see him, I'm gonna...." (Proceeds to describe some intricate form of torture I can't recall.)
Me: "But do you remember we're supposed to love our enemies?"
LM: "He's not my enemy...I just hate him."
(Ah, yes, well then go ahead and beat the snot out of him, kiddo. My mistake.)
8. Hubby: (asleep) "Sam, give'm a five. Nice. Very strange, very strange."
9. LM: (praying) "Dear Jesus, thank you for the lesson in Transformers. It's not as good as your word, but it's pretty good. I wish it was your word. Amen."
10. LM: (as his cousin is elbowing him at the dinner table) "Mister is nudging me! Tell him to stop!"
Mister: (turning to Nini, pointing to his elbow) "Is this my nudge?"
That's all I got, folks! I'm hoping that as school resumes I'll get back to a more normal posting schedule. 'Cause, dang, lots of funny things happen when school starts. G'night!