Sunday, August 21, 2011

Still Still Here!

Wow-- has it really been almost a month since I last posted? Where has the summer gone?! Have I lost everyone?

Well, I have a few quotes for any of you who've hung in there through the dry spell. This will probably be one of the last posts that include hubby's sleep-talking quotes since my computer has been banned from bed (something about it being annoying or something like that).

1. Hubby: (asleep) "Settle down, you wild punk! Settle down or you'll end up on your butt!"

2. LM: "Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to get a Camaro."
Me: "Did you know that my Uncle J used to have a red Camaro?"
LM: "Really?! Does he still have it?"
Me: "Ummmm...I don't know."
LM: "Well, if he does, I'm totally going to buy it from him for like, $400! Then I'll have my own sweet Camaro!"
(So, what do you say, Uncle J? Do we have a deal?)

3. LM: "Mom, did you know you have a big butt?"
Me: "Errr...yes, I did know that."
LM: "It's probably because of your muffin top, right?"
(Wow, a two-fer diss. Gotta love that!)

4. Hubby: (asleep) "What's going on there, big guy? And I don't mean He-Man."

5. LM: "I have one question; how do you feel about having a muscle on your core?"
Me: "Ummmmmm...huh?"
(How does he do that-- ask unanswerable questions with such ease?)

6. Hubby: (asleep, and in a Southern accent) "He got 'er good, Bobby! Yes he did! Damn St. Petersburg...." (mumble, mumble, mumble).
(Cussing doesn't count if it's done in one's sleep, right?)

7. LM: (talking about a kid who isn't very kind to him) "Mom, next time I see him, I'm gonna...." (Proceeds to describe some intricate form of torture I can't recall.)
Me: "But do you remember we're supposed to love our enemies?"
LM: "He's not my enemy...I just hate him."
(Ah, yes, well then go ahead and beat the snot out of him, kiddo. My mistake.)

8. Hubby: (asleep) "Sam, give'm a five. Nice. Very strange, very strange."

9. LM: (praying) "Dear Jesus, thank you for the lesson in Transformers. It's not as good as your word, but it's pretty good. I wish it was your word. Amen."

10. LM: (as his cousin is elbowing him at the dinner table) "Mister is nudging me! Tell him to stop!"
Mister: (turning to Nini, pointing to his elbow) "Is this my nudge?"

That's all I got, folks! I'm hoping that as school resumes I'll get back to a more normal posting schedule. 'Cause, dang, lots of funny things happen when school starts. G'night!

3 comments:

  1. Uncle J got quite a kick out of this! (FYI, it's parked in our garage again . . . we just can't seem to bring ourselves to sell it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even for $400!? Auntie, you'd be crazy to turn a deal like that down! Maybe we can at least get a photo of it for LM when we're down in a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! If I let Uncle J know about the photo, he may want to put a coat of wax on it! (It was parked in Chris and Stacy's driveway for the past couple of years before we brought it back to "garage it" at our house so the pretty red paint is pretty dull right now.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)