I had no idea that when Moses parted the Red Sea (powerful sword in hand!) his shark minions helped to destroy the pursuing Egyptian Army. But man, those Egyptians were probably pretty surprised!
1. LM: "Ruby, if you could be any candlestick you wanted, who would you be?"
Ruby: "Why would we be candlesticks?"
LM: "Because the whole school would be cake!"
(It's official, that's one of the weirdest conversations I've ever heard.)
2. LM: (after his sister had irritated him) "Ugh-- Americans!"
(I know, right?)
3. Hubby: (asleep-- sitting up suddenly-- eyes wide) "I'm trying to figure out what just opened...torey-lope lotion." (Then he laid back down.) "All I know is I'm glad I have this beast of a chest to put stuff in...like blankets."
(I almost burst out laughing as he was talking-- I could hardly type!)
4. LM: "I'm gonna need a chalice, Mom. Do we have any chalices?"
5. Me: "Give me a huge hug and don't let go until I say so."
LM: "Are we done yet?"
LM: "That was very annoying what you just did."
(Maybe, but he had a big ol' smile on his face the entire time-- so it couldn't have been that annoying.)
6. Ruby: (talking about the play LM was creating for the whole family) "You're going to need a script."
LM: "No, Ruby, here's how it's going to work; first, I say something, then, you say something that makes sense back."
(LM just demystified the art of acting. Nice.)
7. LM: "I just like it when people read me action stories...and anything about stealing art."
8. Hubby: (asleep, kicking his legs wildly, yelling at the top of his lungs) "I said get out of here! Leave NOW!"
(Way to give me a near heart-attack there, buddy.)
9. LM: "What does my breath smell like?"
Ruby: "Sadness, destruction and grief."
(Whoa, that must be some nasty breath!)
10. LM: (in a fevered, sleep-state) "I just want to find my mom!"
Me: "I'm right here, sweetie."
LM: "No! I mean my real mom!"
Me: "Again, that would be me."
(He didn't remember this exchange the next morning. Looks like someone takes after his dad!)
Have a great weekend, everyone!