Saturday, October 23, 2010

Video Du Jour

I have a video quote (of sorts) to share this time. In it you will notice a few things-- one of which is the fact that I find my son hilarious when really I should be correcting him. You might also notice that LM finds the image of himself (which he can see while I'm recording him) quite distracting.


I'm gonna have to do some research to find out what the Bible says about archenemies, 'cause I don't have an answer for that one. As usual, LM's mind is operating on a more profound level than mine.

On to the "regular" quotes:

1. LM: (commenting on hubby's breath) "Ewwwww! That smells disgusting!"
Hubby: "I'm not feelin' a lot of love right now."
LM: "Saying 'ewwww!' isn't loving? I don't get it."
(We know son, we know....)

2. Ruby: (trying to assist her littlest cousin in the bathroom) "Mister, are you pretending to go potty?"
Mister: "Yeah. I preten'n to go potty. Wanna see my butt? Wanna see my butt?!"
Ruby: "Ummmm, no thanks."
(Boys.... Do they ever tire of showing us their favorite parts? Ever?)

3. Hubby: (seeing our daughter looking all comfy-cozy) "I'm gonna take Ruby's book page and get into my bathrobe."
(Or, would you be "taking a page from her book" rather? I'd say skip the bathrobe and go straight to bed, babe.)

4. LM: "Mom, you rock!"
Me: "Ah, thanks, bud!"
LM: "You could rock a guitar! You could rock it anywhere!"
(Sometimes LM gets his metaphors a little too on the literal side.)

5. Me: (with Mister on my lap waving a pair of toy scissors in front of my face) "I'm scared!"
The Bopper: "Don't be scared! Trust in the Lord with all your heart!"
Me: "Okay!" (Mister then proceeds to pinch my face-- hard-- in between the scissors.)
Me: "OW! Bopper, I trusted in the Lord but still got hurt. Now what?"
The Bopper: (thinking a moment) "Make Mister get off-- just go give him to my mom."
Me: (removing the tike from my lap) "Good idea."
(As usual, I enjoy dissecting the profundity of kids' answers. And I came up with this: trust God always, but don't let that stop you from removing the wild kid with scissors from your lap before he attacks your face.)

6. LM: (looking in the mirror after I had unsuccessfully attempted to tame his morning hair) "Looks sexy!"
(Yikes.)

7. LM: (after telling me that one of his classmates informed him their school is haunted) "Looks like I have a mystery on my hands!"
(Indeed.)

8. LM: (upon seeing my grandma and uncle who were visiting from out of town) "Did you bring us something?"
Me: (slightly horrified) "If they didn't that would be okay-- because you're happy to see them whether they bring you something or not, right?"
LM: (looking back to my grandma) "Yeah." (Pause.) "But did you?"
(As a matter of fact, she did!)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ya just can't make this stuff up. Keep 'm coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lands girl! this is just so funny! he cracks me up everytime!
    SP

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)