Monday, October 10, 2011

Decepticon Axels!

I just got done watching 5 hours (count 'em: 5) of Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon today.  Why would I spend 5 hours watching a 2 1/2 hour movie, you ask?  Well, the first time was to screen it for the kiddos, carefully inventorying every cuss word and sensual or inappropriate scene (well, except for all the extraordinary violence, that is.  We allow all that-- duh!).  The second time was to watch it with the kiddos, monitoring the time display with one eye, while keeping the other on the fast forward button, my handy-dandy "skip these parts" list in front of me.  Turns out, however, that I missed some naughty words in my careful combing through the first time.  Oopsy.  So if you hear LM calling anyone an "axel" (I didn't bother to correct him), please tell him to watch his filthy mouth.

Folks, I think I've already explained that I'm no longer in the running for the "Mother of the Year" award, need I provide any more proof?  But do I have one deliriously happy 8-year old Transformer fanatic as a result of this censored movie viewing?  Why yes, yes I do.  And as much as I try, I just can't be too sorry for the indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)