Sunday, November 27, 2011

No Shave November?

A friend told me I needed to post something on my blog.  I don't know what made me happier; that anyone still checks to see if I've posted, or that they actually want to read what I wrote.  Either way, it made me smile and I figured I'd better hop to!

The biggest news?  Hubby is currently attempting a mustache.  Please use all your powers of persuasion to discourage this activity next time you cross his path.  Because, of course, I have to continue to tell him he's hot and sexy, but seriously people, there is nothing remotely hot or sexy about a Victorianesque 'stache.  I beg you, help a girl out!

In other news, I have some quotes for you.  It's a small list, but it's all I got.

LM: "Mom, you don't need to worry-- you have a fully trained ninja in the family."
(Well, I hadn't been worried, but now...I might be.)

LM: (as relayed to me by his teacher) "Mrs. B, can I talk to you?"
Mrs. B: "Sure, what's up?"
LM: "You shouldn't be very hard on me if I misbehave today-- I have tight underwear on."
(He has a point there....)

LM: "Mom, I wish you would move your big butt!"
Me: "That's not very nice."
LM: (softening his tone) "Well, it is big, and it is a butt, so...."
(Aspies...so literal.)

Hubby: (asleep)  "...it became kind of punchy and...overwhelming."
(One teeny-tiny sleep-talking quote here or there won't hurt-- right?)

LM: (watching a movie with me) "Did he just say a cuss word?"
Me: "No, 'damsel' just means girl."
LM: "Oh!  So how do you say boy in cuss words?"
(Dam...oh, nevermind.)

Me: (yelling to the basement where hubby was) "Did you already feed the dog?"
Hubby: "Yes!"
Me: "She's trying to convince me otherwise."
Hubby: "Well, tell her I said no!"
Me: (looking down at the dog) "Ummm, he said no."
(She still wasn't buying it.)

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!  Thanks for reading!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Just so you know, dear Nona, the first thing I do when I get to work is check to see if you've posted anything new! (This Vigil Auntie has her priorities!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I almost just wrote exactly what my mom did!! I was going to say, "Just so you know, I check everyday to see if my funny cousin has written something else to add joy to my day."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check too! You should post something about your Mexico trip on the Noll Robin! No one has posted in weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I said the same. I look forward to reading your blog. Also wonder why no one posts on the Noll Blog??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you posted some additional content. Mustaches are horrible and really interrupt the kissing. I am currently having to contend with one on the husband as well. UGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love how FUN you are! And I love that you share all that fun in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)