Saturday, February 25, 2012

Going Once, Going Twice....

Well, we sold our house (barring any crazy unforeseen circumstances, which I've learned really do exist in life). That means we're moving into (gulp) hubby's childhood home in less than a month. And if I wasn't afraid of getting caught, I would regale you with many endearing stories regarding this move, but alas, my no-holds-barred approach to blogging does have its limitations after all.... (Bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk!)

How about a few quotes instead? It's a rather paltry list, but it's all I got! (But, after having gotten a Kindle, I've discovered I can discreetly take notes when/if hubby starts talking in bed as I'm reading. Wahaha! And boy, do I have a good one.)

1. Hubby: (asleep, giggling, then getting serious again) "I tell you what, she'd probably burn her foot and wouldn't even know it, yes sir. I got leather on the brain, baby, leather on the brain...."
(He went on a little longer, but my texting thumbs couldn't keep up. I would like to know what's so fascinating about leather, though.)

2. LM: "Dad's pretty young for his age. He looks old, but he's still pretty young."

3. LM: (whining) "What's for dinner?"
Hubby: "Roadkill...and mustard."
LM: "What?! No! I HATE mustard!"
(But the thought of roadkill was doable?)

4. LM: (getting into the car) "Let's get this road on the show!"

5. LM: "Mom, how much would Carson weigh if she was a hundred pounds?"
(Um, is this a trick question?)

6. (The kids and I were talking about their father's second attempt at a stache-- this time General George Custer being the look he's after...yikes.)
LM: "Who knows, Mom, you might even get a baby out of it!"
Me: "A baby...?"
LM: "Yeah-- 'cause Dad's gonna be sexy! And sex is the secret ingredient!"
Me: "Uhhhhh...."
LM: (squealing with excitement) "I'm so excited! You're going to have a baby!"
(Just remember, bud, there is no "sexy" in "mustache"-- there's just..."ache".)

7. LM: (after correctly spelling all his words for the week) "Well done, myself! Very well done!"
(Nothing like a little self-affirmation.)

Wish us luck as we move!  Invitations to come see the "new" place will be forthcoming.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of invitations....we are going to come up for a length of time this summer :-) When is the backpacking trip set for and how long can we stay?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!! Come stay with us! Stay as long as you want! Don't know when the backpacking trip will be, but they're usually set for late July or mid-August. I'll bet the guys would work around your schedule. FUN!!!

      Delete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)