Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quotaroos!

I haven't been as consistent about gathering quotes lately, but it usually doesn't take me long to get a few good ones....

LM: "Auna says I need to get a Nana."
Me: "A Nana?"
LM: "Yeah, it's a person who says yes to everything."
(Honey, we all need a Nana!)

Me: (seeing LM's shirt soaked with water) "Hey bud, let's get your shirt off."
LM: "Oh, alright, if you insist."

Ruby Jane: "I wish I were made of books, then I could read myself."

Ruby Jane: "Mom, your hips are HUGE, trust me!  I think I like it, though...."
(Gee, thanks....)

Me: (giving a bear hug to LM) "When you're all grown-up will you still let me hug you?"
LM: "Yeah, I think I'll marry you."
(Hmmmm, not exactly what I had in mind!)

The Bopper: (patting my belly) "You got a baby in there?"

Bonus: (I'm throwing this one in here to counteract the huge hips and pregnant belly comments.)

LM: (after dragging me out to meet the solicitor he'd invited to our front door) "Here's my mom.  She's little."

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I have to add Gabi's newest nuggets. Nate, Gabi and I went out to the mall to buy a gift certificate. Right in the middle of Macy's Gabi squats down on the floor. I am walking in front of her and Nate in back. We both stop and I ask her, "What's up, babe?" She looks and me with a smile and says with a booming voice, "Going potty!!!" Nate and I look at each other and start laughing, along with everyone else around us. We continue shopping in the rest of the mall and return to Macy's to leave and once again Gabi squats down. This time I know better than asking her what she is doing, but I won't be let off the hook that easy. Once again she looks up at us with that impish grin and announces, "WARTING" (which is Gabi's lovely new term for expelling air from her body). Ugh..I couldn't help it, I started vibrating with laughter. Gee, we're encouraging GREAT behavior!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)