Friday, June 4, 2010

Anyone Else?

Sometimes I like to just throw a thought or two out there to make sure I'm not alone in this adventure called "parenthood". So, I'm just wondering....

Do any of you parents of boys find that when their pants come off, er...how do I put this delicately? The, um, "apparatus" instantly becomes a weapon of mass destruction? And I'm not talking about when the little guys were babies and tried to hose you down every time you changed their diaper. I mean when, say, they're getting dressed in the morning and they're in that "in between" stage (aka "naked") and suddenly you find yourself getting shot at by their...uh...gun. And it's a very versatile weapon, I've found-- able to shoot anything from lasers to bullets. But what I want to know is; at what point in a boy's life does this unique part cease being a toy? Never? I thought so....

Okay, one more. Am I the only parent (I already know the answer to this, being just one in a large family of "inappropriate laughers"-- but I still want to throw this out to the general population) who, hypothetically speaking of course, finds the thought of her daughter fainting in a nursing home due to the unpleasant smell absolutely hilarious? Alright, obviously this is not a hypothetical situation (but it was a run-on sentence). Ruby actually did faint in just such a manner. Her teacher called to try and ease the news to me in calming tones.

Teacher: "Nona, I don't want you to worry because she's fine, but Ruby had a little accident today. She fainted at the nursing home-- but I caught her! She's okay!"
Me: "Really?! Hahhahahhhahahhahhahhahhahhaaaaaaahhhhaaaaahahaaaaahahhaa!"

Fainting is funny. And I can't be the only one who thinks so or they wouldn't dedicate entire segments to it on America's Funniest Home Videos. (Dang, I may have missed a money-making moment there! But I did not miss the chance at alliteration.)

So...anyone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)