Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When Stealing Is Stealing

Just got home from one of Ruby's more painful elementary basketball games tonight. I mean, the other team was good. We got our fannies spanked to the tune of 50-14. Usually LM doesn't pay much attention to these games (he has better things to do), but tonight something about the game struck him in particular: ball stealing.

How do I know this made an impression? Well, because after the game was over and a bunch of spectators took to the floor to shoot some casual hoops, LM made a beeline for a 2-year old and took his ball away. I went after him just as the tike's mother was fumbling for some sort of tactful response to this behavior. LM looked up at me and smiled, "did you see me steal that ball, Mom? It was awesome!"

Yeah, way to dominate that toddler, bud! The boy's mother, thankfully, found this all amusing as I led my future NBA star away.

It brought back memories of LM's previous forays into the world of b-balling.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

1 comment:

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)