Monday, October 5, 2009

Long Time No Quotes

It's been a while since I've posted quotes and believe me, it's not for a lack of good material. I just haven't been writing them down with the same regularity as I used to-- but I'm hoping to get back on top of things again. In any case, here are the latest:

1. LM: "Are you so excited for Christmas? I can't wait for the presents!"
Ruby Jane: (superiorly) "LM, Christmas isn't about the presents."
LM: "What is it about?" (Then with some disappointment) "Oh, yeah...Jesus."

2. Me: "What would you do if Mama was ever late picking you up from school?"
LM: "Go home with someone else."
Me: "What?!? No!!"
LM: "Oh...stay with my teacher."
(That's one I'm going to need to address again, I can tell.)

3. Anonymous Dad: (exasperated while watching his son...get creative...on the playground) "Why would you stick a rock up your butt?"

4. Ruby Jane: "Hey Popi, can I inherit your phone?"
Popi: "But I'd have to die first!"
Ruby: "Okay!"

5. (After being treated to pizza by our exchange student we thanked her for a good time had by all.)
Brasileira: "I'm going to bring peace to the world."
Me: "One pizza at a time?"
Brasileira: "...and with my dad's credit card."
(I could bring a lot of peace to a lot of people with my dad's credit card, too. Okay...mainly just to myself, but that's worth something, right? Let's try it, Dad!)

6. LM: "Mom, will you help me clean my room? 'Cause this is too much mess for one little boy to clean up, right?"
(Definitely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)