Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quotes Again, So Soon?

By the way, I'm not dying anymore. I just feel like crap-- which is an upgrade from dying, I'd say. But that's beside the point.... Here are the quotes:

1. LM: (awaiting my next instructions as we made dessert together) "What now, genius?"

2. Ruby Jane: (after I'd gotten done explaining about Asperger's Syndrome) "Ass Burgers? Mmmmm...sounds delicious! Can I have the recipe?"
(Super-- one kid has "ass burgers" and the other one's a regular smart-ass. I'm laughing all the way to the loony bin.)

3. (At the end of the animated movie we watched, the main character delivered the moral of the story to the homely villain): "You don't need a magic mirror to be beautiful."
LM contemplated this, then asked: "She just needs a makeover?"

4. Me: Do you have any homework, LM?"
LM: "No."
Classmate: "Yes he does! He has math!"
LM: "Don't believe her-- she lies a lot."

5. Ruby Jane: "You know that guy who tattooed his whole body black?"
Me: "Yeah?"
Ruby: "Did that include his tenders?"
Me: "Uhhhh...."
(I'm still wondering when, according to my daughter, "tenders" ceased to have the word "chicken" in front of it.)

6. LM: (as I gathered him up in a spontaneous bear hug) "Ugh, Mom! Let me go! I need some space-- you're takin' up my area."
(And so it begins....)

2 comments:

  1. Gabi's latest: I was showering quickly before she woke up. Carmen was in the bathroom with me in her bouncy chair. She started to cry 3/4 the way through the shower. When I got out and started drying off I heard Gabi yelling for me. I wrapped my hair in a towel, picked up Carmen and went into Gabi's room. As I opened the door and walked in she asked, "You all naked mom?" I replied that I was, indeed, naked because I just got out of the shower. She said back, "I no want you get me out my crib in your naked mom." Well, thank you. Thank you very much, child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Tenders!! I am adopting that word...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)