Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello Again!

Maybe you've noticed, maybe not.... But I haven't posted in over a week! I've been much too busy feeling sorry for myself. Strep throat-- again. How is it that I managed to avoid this particular nastiness my whole life, and then am mysteriously hit with it twice within the span of 6 weeks? I mean, my life hasn't exactly hit Job proportions yet, but it also hasn't been yippy-skippy either. Ah, and now that I've raised your spirits and made you smile, the quotes will simply be icing on the cake! Mmmmm...cake....

1. LM: (looking quizzically at his aunt's fancy 'do) "Your hair looks beautiful, but it's kinda ugly. But I still like you."
(Reminiscent of one of our all-time favorite LM phrases, "I hate it, but it's my favorite!")

2. The Bopper: (showing me her "booboo" which looked a couple weeks old.)
Me: "Can I kiss it?"
The Bopper: (examining the scab, contemplating) "No. Kisses won't work-- it's too stuck."

3. LM: (giving me a whiff after I got off the treadmill) "Ew, Mom, you don't smell so good."
(Always depend on LM to tell it like it is!)

4. LM: "I love God as big as a TRUCK! And Mom, I love you as big as a HUGE backpack...that can go in the truck."
(I don't know about you, but I'm still mulling over the profound implications of that statement.)

5. (Overheard at the tail-end of a conversation about Transformers LM was having with his teacher.)
LM: "...it's just a protoform."
Teacher: "What's a protoform?"
LM: "You know! It's what they put all-spark fragments in."
Teacher: (her bewildered face belying her words) "Oh, of course!"

6. LM: "Mom, let's go to Walmart and get some 'How to Train Your Dragon' toys."
Me: "But what if I don't want to buy any toys today?"
LM: "Trust me, Mom, it's gonna be okay."

Wow-- I feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)