Friday, April 16, 2010

More Than Meets The Eye

I can't say I've ever thought about what it would be like to run errands with Megatron (the evil Decepticon leader of Transformers)-- the thought has never once crossed my mind. Like a lot of thoughts, actually.... But let's not get sidetracked here. The point is that tonight I got to find out, in real life, what it's like to be in public with Optimus Prime's archenemy. And actually, he's really a very charming fellow. (Cute butt, too.)

I had suggested to the kids this evening that we walk to the store and get a few snacks and a movie. At this news, LM immediately started undressing. "Uh, what are you doing?" I asked, confused. "I'm gonna wear my Megatron outfit," he stated matter-of-factly. "Ummm...but we're going to the store. You sure you want to look like Megatron at the store?" His sister pleaded with him to wear normal clothes, but her protestations fell on deaf ears. He had made up his mind-- he would walk to the store as Megatron, mask and all.

At the store we chose the critically acclaimed Chipmunks sequel, and then proceeded to grab a few snacks. One amused store employee came and asked if LM was a superhero. LM looked at the kind woman as if she were a poor, stupid creature. He promptly pulled his mask over his face and launched himself at her with a set of impressive karate moves and Megatronish sound-effects. Seeing that this did not help the lady identify his character any better, I whispered, "he's Megatron". But I don't think this information meant anything to her. She just kept smiling, shook her head, and said, "I have three daughters." (As if that explained her ignorance.)

On our way home we passed by an elderly neighbor who waved to us. LM shot by her yelling, "I can't stop farting!" I can only imagine what a Megatron fart smells like-- I am so glad I wasn't downwind for that. (Meanwhile, Ruby Jane was looking for a rock to crawl under.)

But you know, I'd totally take Megatron out again sometime. He made for very interesting company indeed. (And did I mention he has a really cute butt?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)