Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Get'cher Quotes While They're Hot!

You'd think that during the summertime I'd have more blog material because the kids and hubby are home all the time. But you see, that's exactly the point. The kids and hubby are home all the time. Ah, but right now they're all downstairs reading together for their nightly bedtime ritual. This leaves me with a bit-o-time to catch up on the latest quotes.

1. LM: (to our friend wearing a very revealing top) "You should cover those up! Here, let me help you." (He then proceeds, much to her mortification, to try and close her jacket around her ample bosom.)

2. LM: (bemoaning the fact we're not rolling in dough) "Guys, we're gonna get new jobs. Okay-- Dad, you're going to be a rockstar. And Mom-- are you good at magic?"
Me: "Um...no."
(Dang, his plans for riches are foiled again!)

3. Friend: "Oh, hi Nona! You look older!"
Me: "I...er...uh.... Thank...you?"
(Seeing as I hadn't seen this person in at least 2 months, I can't blame her for noticing the considerable aging I had undergone since our last meeting.)

4. LM: (screaming his head off as he ran full speed to the front door, rescued spider in hand) "Don't bite me! Don't bite me! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"
(Thankfully, both boy and spider made it outside alive. Although, personally, I would have just squashed the thing in the first place.)

5. LM: (after writing with pen on his sister's favorite shirt) "Mom, you can either kill me, or put me in timeout-- you choose."
(Hmmmm-- let me think about that.)

6. LM: (creating his own TV show in the mirror) "Dragons versus humans: Aghhhhh! Pewpewpew! I really wasn't hoping for this! Pschhchh! Arghhhh! I. Really. Was. Not. Hoping. For. This!"

7. LM: (singing at the top of his lungs) "My heart is warm when a friend comes over or my sister plays with me! My heart is warm! My heart is warm when my mom kisses me! Warm like the sun...!"
(Yikes. Just what I need; a Barry Manilow wannabe in my own house. Two words: lounge lizard.)

Have a splendid rest-of-the-week!

1 comment:

  1. I have a bonus quote from our "date."

    LM: (looking at all the arcade games) Hey, do you have any money so we can play these?
    Me: Let's maybe eat our dinner first.
    LM: (frusterated) Uuugh, this is not at ALL going the way I had planned!

    (for the record we did play those arcade games after dinner, and I might have spent more on them than our food.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)