Friday, July 9, 2010

It's A Sign

While on vacation we spent a lot of time in the car. Like, 20-plus hours. Yeah, we weren't messing around. But a girl's got to entertain herself on such a long road trip. So when I wasn't answering the many calls of, "I'm hungry!" or "are we there yet?" or "I have to PEE!", I kept my eye out for interesting stuff on the road.

My main objective was to finish collecting license plates for our 50-state scavenger hunt. (Only 3 more states to go! Come on Rhode Island, show thyself!) But along the way I also noticed several signs with various errors or funny catchphrases. It wasn't until the end of our trip that I actually started to write them down, though-- and by then, alas, I was only able to collect two. But they strike my quirky funny-bone, so I figured I'd share them with you!

1. "Kinder enrollment now open."
This was a relief to see. I've never been a fan of "mean enrollment" at elementary schools. I hope this gentler method of enrolling children for school catches on everywhere!

2. "Welcome to Cloverdale, Oregon's best kept...."
I mean, this place is so secret they can't even say! Shhhhhhh-- don't tell anyone you heard it here!

Okay, maybe I'm the only one who was even remotely amused by these.... Ah well, there's no accounting for taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)