Sunday, January 16, 2011

What's A Mackamoley?

I just realized it's been a while since I posted any quotes. It's about time, I'd say!

1. LM: (trying to convince me to go to Nini's house) "C'mon, Mom, we need a good outside, fresh-air car ride!"
(Or, is it more likely you just need a dose of Spongebob?)

2. Ruby Jane: (responding to someone inquiring about her eating habits) "Sure I'd be a vegetarian-- if meat grew on trees!"
(There's a comedian in every family, no?)

3. Me: "LM, you have a pretty good sister there!"
Ruby Jane: "Pretty good? I think I deserve a little more credit than that."
(Well, sometimes anyway....)

4. LM: "Hey you, dummies! Let's use our dumb power!"
(I'd like to know what kind of power utilizes stupidity as its main force. Could be interesting....)

5. LM: (burping loudly after finishing his drink) "Whoa! That was definitely 30 weight!"
(The guys get this one, at least.)

6. The Bopper: (trying to speak like a pirate) "Ahoy, me farties!"
(Or would that be hearties? Probably depends on if she's speaking to a roomful of little boys or not.)

7. LM: (after I explained he needs more space between the words in his sentences) "But, Mom, I don't do spaces."
(I see.... I suppose you also don't do spelling and grammar either?)

8. LM: "Holy-moley mackamoley!"
(A new spin on holy mackerel? I like it!)

9. LM: (after struggling with a bout of diarrhea) "My pooper's broken!"
(Dang, bud, I hate it when that happens....)

10. Me: (sitting here, ready to post) "Hey, LM, give me a tenth quote for my blog."
LM: (breaking out into song) "Rise on to Jesus. Rise on to God! Rise on to God and Jesus. Don't give up on rising to Heaven and your destiny! Rise on! Rise on to your destiny. Rise on to the battles with Jesus and his angels. Let go of your toys! Just drop that toy on the ground, it doesn't matter if it breaks! Then rise up to Jesus! Jesus is your God! Rise up to Jesus, rise up to Jesus, rise up to Jesus. Rise! Up! To! Jesus! Don't give up, Americans. Don't give up, even the Africans! Satan is nothing but a booger. We are like the flowers of time. Don't give up for Jesus! Rise up to Jesus Christ!"
(Whoa....)

Alright, so stay tuned for a worship album written and performed by LM-- should be like nothing you've ever heard before. Until then....

1 comment:

  1. A music video, you took the words right out of my mouth! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)