Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dreamocide

Maybe it was the effects of being up until 4:00am.

Maybe it was because I was with three of my favorite girls in the world-- two sisters and a cousin-- and spirits were high.

Whatever it was, when I look back at how hard I laughed (until I cried) after admitting that I sometimes dream about murdering people.... I'm wondering if it's actually not funny?

Dang-- I can't be the only one! C'mon, show of hands, how many of you peeps occasionally beat, stab or strangle folks while in REM? (What if they really deserved it?) Anyone wanna get all Freudian on me? 'Cause I'm pretty sure it might mean something.

In any case, I want to put everyone's mind at ease that I've never, ever murdered anyone while conscious. Like, not even once. And that's a pretty good track record if I do say so myself. So no worries, you're relatively safe while in my presence. (You're less safe if you enter my subconscious at night, however. Just sayin'.)

4 comments:

  1. That's completely hilarious in my book!!! (I must let you know that it's an . . . um . . . genetic predisposition, so you're not responsible! There's another VERY dear member of the family who gets violent in her dreams with anyone who is messing with her loved ones. She dreamed once about cutting some bad guy with a plastic knife and then pouring mustard into the cut! Pretty creative, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhahahahahaaaaaaaa! Oh man, I think I know exactly who you're talking about! Okay, I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you figured it out!!! I really can't tell you how many people I have "put down" and all in very different and interesting ways. Not telling Darold any more of "those" dreams as think he may start thinking about separate rooms!! (Honey, just make sure I do NOT have a knife in bed with me.)

    Have missed your posts too!! Glad you are back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I kill people in my dreams, and not always for such honorable reasons as loyalty. I'm not particular about who I kill or how. The mustard trick is something I'll have to file away for later use on some helpless dream victim. These dreams are absolutely genetic I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)