Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

LM just returned from camp a few days ago, only to start another day camp immediately after. This means he's had a lot of exposure to non-family members as of late. And I kid you not, I've had at least three people come up to me in the last 24-hours with some sort of variation of this statement: "Guess what I heard your son say!"

I always look forward to hearing these little tidbits. I'm rarely embarrassed by them anymore. But today.... Well, LM got me to blush a bit.

Our children's pastor at church happened to be LM's cabin leader last week, and when he saw me today he pulled me aside for a chat. I could tell he had an LM story.

"So, we were all hanging out in the cabin talking and joking, and suddenly LM announced to the group, 'Hey, we should stop talking about inappropriate things-- like boobs!' Only thing was, we hadn't been talking about boobs, but the boys' ears sure perked up at the new subject!"

LM was standing next to me during this recitation. And this is where it got...awkward.

"Yeah, I told them we shouldn't talk about these!" He then proceeded to point one finger of each hand at both of my ta-tas. But he wasn't finished. (Because there are even more parts on a lady you shouldn't talk about, of course.) A hand then snaked down, pointing just inches away from my crotch.

"Or this!" LM exclaimed.

Even fully dressed, I felt the need to use one arm to cover my chest and the other to hide my nether regions. I mean, where was this poor man supposed to look during this whole exchange? A person's eye is compelled to follow a pointing finger. But this gentleman was giggling so hard (doubled-over), that it saved us both from having to figure out the eye-to-finger logistics of the situation.

"Okaaaaaaaay!" I said quickly, shoving LM's fingers away from my bod squad. "That certainly is inappropriate buddy-- I'm sure glad you didn't speak with the boys about that stuff!"

Aye, aye, aye....

http://www.tressugar.com/Boobs-Bread-1093538

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)