Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dispose THAT!

Oh, this is just too rich....  The irony of it!  Needless to say, I am loving every single second-- can't even wipe the silly grin off my face....

Gosh, pardon me-- I haven't even explained what I'm talking about yet, have I?  The fun is this: our sink is clogged!  Now, I would have an entirely different take on this situation if the clog was my fault.  But it's not.  It's hubby's fault!  I love it!  

You see, when hubby put the waste disposal in our sink a few years back I got a 60-minute lecture about the proper use of such a device.  Even my dad put his two cents in.  (Can't remember what exactly he said-- but his implication was basically that garbage disposals were only good for helping women clog up pipes-- he suggested hubby just forget the whole idea.)  Sheesh, even my mother-in-law called to tell me that she caused such a serious waste disposal clog it backed up their whole sewer just last week.  (Bet father-in-law loved that!)

So imagine the pure delight I'm experiencing right now.  For years I've used my disposal so responsibly that there have been no clogs so serious I couldn't take care of them myself (now that's saying something!!).  Then, last night, hubby decides to grind up a sink-full of potato peels (I always scoop them out of the sink and toss them in the trash instead-- just as I was taught to do).  Well, those little sweethearts were too much for my kitchen plumbing to handle.  I mean, we are talking major clog here-- it's just too delicious for words!   

Hubby is in there right now under the sink.  There are buckets of nasty water and dirty, wet towels everywhere....  He may have said a slightly naughty word or two even.  I feel like a giddy schoolgirl, I tell you!  We may even need to call a plumber!  (Oh wait a sec...that's kind of a buzz-kill right there.  Plumbers are stinkin' expensive.  But, as my mom is so fond of saying,  "let's not allow that to spoil our vacation, shall we?".)

So, now all that's left to make this night perfect is for me to walk in there and tell him that the stupid garbage disposal is a real bugger-- and that he is my absolute hero for saving the day with his handy-man prowess (without ever uttering the kill-joy term "I told you so"-- simply takes the fun out of everything, that does).   

Oh, gotta go!  Hubby just noticed I'm sitting here on the computer while he's working his tooshy off.  Time to make my grand entrance into the kitchen!  Ahhh, what a great night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)