Friday, March 20, 2009

LM's Top 6 Quotes Round Two

Not much of anything funny has happened this week (I thought better of making a humorous post about my pap appointment), but we do continue to get entertained by LM's loose lips.  Here are the top 6:

1. (Spotting a glimpse of my belly spilling over the waistband of my running shorts): "Mom, are you having another baby?"
(For the record: NO.)

2. (Ruby Jane and LM playing "I Spy"):
Ruby: "I spy something yellow."
LM: "Mom's teeth?"
(Here's me starting to develop a complex....)

3. LM: "Mom, can I sleep with you?"
Me: "No."
LM: "Well, sometimes I come in when you're sleeping.  Don't wake up, 'cause I plan on doin' that tonight."

4. (Informing me of a punishment his sister devised for him and why): "I gotta write an essay for Ruby Jane 'cause I called her a maladroit."
(That is odd on so many levels.)

5. (After I discovered the deep rivets he dug with a pencil on the surface of a decorative table in our living room): "Sorry Mom, I took it a little too far."

6. (Proving that hubby and I are doing a bang-up job passing our faith on to LM): "What's the name of that all-powerful man...God?"

Bonus Round:  The endearing moral content children pick up on when exposed to Disney movies:

7. (As evidenced by this snippet of a song I overheard him making up while he was playing a solo game of "pirates"): "Yo ho, yo ho, the pirates, ahoy!  Yo ho, yo ho, the pirates, we drink, we drink!"
(Lemonade, I hope....)

And, folks, these don't necessarily represent the best of his quips.  There have been many times he says something to absolutely crack me up, but if I'm not in a position to immediately jot it down for posterity, I don't include it here.  (No use posting what I can't accurately recall.)  

So, for those of you with small youngsters...oh, your time is coming!  And I can't wait to hear what your kiddos come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)