Friday, March 27, 2009

Top 6 Kiddo Quotes Of The Week

Now they're both doing it-- saying the darnedest things.  Ah well, it makes blogging easier....

1. (LM to a bald stranger who came to the door): "Did you get a haircut?"

2. (Ruby Jane to a table full of seniors at one of her grandma's senior center events):  "I'm going through puberty!"

3. (After I had searched all over the school looking for Ruby Jane):
LM: "Did you find her?"
Me: "Yes."
LM: "Well, is she dead or alive?"
Me: (bemused) "Alive."
LM: (as if he's surprised by the news) "Oh, good!"

4. LM: "I'm not going to eat my vitamin, I'm going to make it a friend.  C'mon, walk with me, Vitamin!" (Then proceeds to take his new friend on a jaunt around the living room.)

5. LM: "I'm glad I have a penis."
(Okay....  I'm so happy for you??)

6. (After scolding the kids and hearing Ruby Jane protest I was being harder on her than LM.)
Me: "Ruby Jane, you're nine.  I expect more from you."
Ruby: (who just turned 9 two weeks ago) "But I don't know how to be nine yet, I'm experimenting!"

Life is never dull, I'll tell ya that much!  Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. 


1 comment:

  1. you forgot one!
    RJ: (after LM socks her in the chest)"LM!! Don't hit me there, I'm growing boobs!"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)