Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back To Reality!

I just returned from a lovely vacation. It was everything a great vacation is; full of good food, great people, and grand times. My love tank is so full right now! But, that's not the only full thing around here. My pants are too. Uh, wait-- that came out wrong. What I mean is, my pants are snugger now than they were before I left. How can that be? How can pants go from fitting fine to just barely fitting in the matter of a week? Oh, I'll tell you! I will tell you right now!

I ate a lot of food last week. A LOT. If I saw it and it looked good, I ate it. If I saw it and it didn't look so good, I ate it anyway. If I was hungry I ate, if I wasn't hungry I ate.... Basically I was shoving food down my throat 24/7 because, heck, I was on vacation! Isn't that what you do on vacation? And if you think I was munching on raw almonds and dried fruit, think again! Butter, cream, toaster pastries, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, seafood, pasta.... These things are not your hip's friends. And yet, I indulged in them as though I was 21 again. (Remember those days? When you could eat a horse and actually lose 10 pounds? Yeah, those days are gone.)

Now that I'm home reality is setting in once again. As I pulled my pants on this morning, wriggling a bit to get them up (you know that dance, right?) and then sucking in to get them zipped, I realized something. I realized that every calorie you consume on vacation comes home with you. How unfair is that?! And the sad thing is, I would do it again if given half a chance. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Er...make that just a glutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)