Sunday, May 23, 2010

Muchas Quotas

It's Sunday. Everyone is hard at work. Hubby is weed-whacking, Ruby's doing chores, LM is...running wild in the front yard (which is, arguably, an important job for a little boy). So while it may appear that I am the only one loafing around, I beg to differ. Do you think these quotes post themselves? No. No they do not. So enjoy the fruits of my labor:

1. LM: "Mommy, how old are you?"
Me: "You know the answer-- how old am I?"
LM: "32?"
Me: "Yes!"
LM: "Oh. I was about to say 100."
(What a charmer, that LM.)

2. Me: "Good luck on your book report presentation, Ruby!"
Ruby: (in her dramatic goody-goody daughter voice) "Why thank you, Mother! And good luck with your cooking today!"

3. LM: "Mom, for Mother's Day I'm going to give you a thousand kisses and a massage!"
Me: "Oh-- I can't wait!!"
LM: (looking gravely at me) "So, what are you going to do for me?"
(How about GIVE YOU LIFE? How's that for a trade, boy?)

4. Ruby Jane: (watching me peruse my friend Bethany's blog) "Why can't you make your blog cool like hers?"
(Where to start....)

5. Me: (watching in dismay as LM rolled around with the dog before school) "Ugh! LM, you're covered in dog hair!"
LM: "Yeah-- isn't it great!?"

6. LM: "Mom, in Heaven do you not have to go poop?"
Me: "Ummmmmm. I don't know...."
(Anyone have an answer for that? Since I'm pretty sure we'll eat, I'm wondering where that's all going to go....)

7. LM: (speaking to hubby while getting ready to head out the door) "Apparently I need shoes. Where are my shoes, human?"

8. LM: (to the neighbor boy while giggling his head off) "I tried my mom's bra on today!"
(TMI, buddy. T-M-I.)

9. LM: "Mom, see all those trees? If we pull them up, our planet will be naked!"
(Wow-- at only 7-years old he gets it!)

10. Me: "LM, get your socks on."
LM: (in the midst of a dinosaur battle) "Hang on, Mom. Just let me finish this dinosaur off first."
(Alright-- but the minute he's dead run and get your socks!)

Well-- I'd better start on a load of laundry before I get caught with this computer on my lap. Look busy-- look busy!

1 comment:

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)