Wednesday, May 13, 2009

6 Quotes....

LM has truly been full-of-it lately.  Better than TV!  And Ruby Jane....  Let's just say she recently uttered a beaut that, sadly, is completely unpostable.  (If you're terribly curious just email me.)

1. LM: (upset that his father had confiscated a certain toy due to misuse) "Mom, you shouldn't have got that husband!"

2. (After I'd made the popcorn that LM had requested for his snack): "Maybe I made a little mistake-- I don't like popcorn, Mom."

3. (LM spots three girls who are all gussied-up for prom and approaches them, grinning ear-to-ear, and suavely calls): "Hey, ladies!"  
(This gets their smiling attention, and thus encouraged, LM drops his line): "You look pretty, ladies."  
(He is rewarded with giggles and thanks.  Lord, help me!)

4. (LM was repeatedly getting into an item not "approved" for his usage, and so I threatened to hide it from him): "But I'm a good sniffer-outter, Mom."

5. Tiff: "How tall are you?"
LM: "I don't know."
Tiff: "Do you think you're as tall as me?"
LM: "Let's measure!"
(They stood face-to-face to measure.)
Tiff: "Oh...you're not quite as tall as me."
LM: "I'm as tall as your boobs!"

6. Ruby Jane: (as she was prepping my toes for a pedicure) "Gosh, woman, your cuticles are huge!"
(Ah, yes, what mom hasn't heard her 9-year old daughter say that?)

Bonus:

This sort of thinking just makes a parent gush with pride....

Ruby Jane: "I'd like to get an easy job where I get paid A LOT!"
(Ummm...if you find one, let me know....)

3 comments:

  1. Let Ruby know that as someone who sees cuticles all day long that yours are not huge- they're easy as heck. She has no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am remembering back to a visit a few years back where LM offered to take me out for some meat. I would say he has had his lady charming skills for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey-love the new profile pic! You go hot mama!
    SP

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)