Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quote Time!

This has been a week where a fresh new paranoia washed over me concerning taking LM out to mingle with the general public.  With uncanny frequency, we have crossed paths with many a person who have one disability or another, and LM just HAD to make comments.  Every.  Single.  Time.  

LM: (walks up to a man with one leg) "What happened to your leg?  Did it get cut off?"

LM: (walks up to a man with one arm) "What happened to your arm?  Can you not lift heavy stuff?"

LM: (walks up to a child with Cerebral Palsy and asks his dad): "Can your kid not walk?"

So now, whenever I see a "unique" person coming our way, I turn LM around in an immediate about-face and high-tail it outta there!  (It's safe to say we won't be attending any Special Olympics events in the near future....)  Go ahead and call me chicken-- I'm completely comfortable with that.  

Moving on....

LM: "I eat my boogers"

LM: "Aghh, Mom!  The sun; I don't like it!  It gives me the hots!"

LM: (after thinking and scheming of a way to purchase a toy he's been pining for) "Hey, Mom, I have an idea of how to get that dog I want from Fred Meyer.  Let's just use your slash card!"
(He then described to me just how easy this process is.  Apparently, you can buy anything you want, whenever you want, simply by using "slash cards".  Hmmmm...maybe it's not too early to start teaching him about responsible credit...?)

LM: (reciting a "Bible verse" for me-- one of his favorite pastimes as of late) "God 48: Whoever loves his planet could be the most goodest person, one nation, under God, indivisible and with justice for all!"
(Funny, I don't remember that one....)

Wow.  Just...wow.  

1 comment:

  1. He may be onto something there about loving the planet, though... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)