Friday, March 12, 2010

Extra! Extra! (Quotes, That Is)

My only regret of the day is that I didn't have a pad and pen with me when I took The Bopper out on our little date. You know, so I could record all of her antics for posterity (and this blog!). She'll be turning 4 in a few weeks, and well...she's a trip. (It's a little like taking LM out in public, actually-- a bit terrifying, but always amusing!) Like when we were at the store and an elderly gentlemen in a motorized cart came barreling down the aisle, and she stood with fists on hips hollering after him, "watch out! You almost hit me!" Or when, at lunch, she decided to showcase her many figure skating talents-- including a variety of jumps and spins all across the floor-- much to the entertainment of everyone nearby. All I can say is, it's a good thing I'm not a rookie with this sort of stuff....

But I digress.... Here are the quotes I did write down for the week:

1. LM: (trying to get hubby to follow him) "Alright, Seahawks' fan, let's go!"

2. LM: "Oh, I get why they call it hot coffee! 'Cause it's hot...and it's coffee!"
(I refrained from uttering the "duh" on the tip of my tongue, instead choosing to ponder the profundity of his statement. I think it was a bit too profound, however, because I just kept going back to "duh".)

3. LM: (getting annoyed with his sister's singing) "Hey, is there an off-switch for this woman?"
(Oh, the many times I have wished for that as well....)

4. LM: "I wanna show you somefin' awesome!" (Proceeds to take off his shirt and strike a muscleman pose.) "Look at these pythons!"

5. Me: "Why did you have a bad day today?"
LM: "'Cause I got in trouble!"
Me: "Why'd you get in trouble?"
LM: "'Cause I accidentally hurt Micah on purpose."
(Funny, but I totally get that!)

6. LM: (musing to himself as he played solo) "Stasis cuffs: I love 'em!"
(This is the same day he asked me where his MP generator was-- whatever that is.)

7. LM: (after hearing his sister talk about the boys who like her at school) "Ruby, even I have a crush on you."
Ruby Jane: "EW! LM, I'm too old for you!"
(Uh.... Is that the only problem we see here?)

8. The Bopper: (staring at the tumor on my dog's chest) "Why her booboos growin' so big?"
(Um...er...uh....)

9. LM: (upset with his sister who had just slammed a door in his face) "I need to have a talk with her! Can you back me up, Mom?" (He then proceeded to march into the room she was in, only to be quickly forced back out.) "If she wants a fight, then it's ON! We're gonna have a war!"
Me: "No, LM, no wars, please. Just leave her alone for a while."
LM: (not to be so easily dissuaded) "Hey, I have an idea! She can either eat some dirt, or calm down!"
(Just so you know, that idea is currently under consideration.)

10. Ruby Jane: (upon seeing me emerge for the day in pigtails) "Quit trying to be young, Mom."
Me: "Am I not young anymore?!"
Ruby: "No! Well, sorta...."
Me: (curious now) "What age is old, exactly?"
Ruby: "About 40."
(Phew! I gotta few years of youth left after all!)

11. LM: "Lies are somefin' we need to be careful of. So, if you don't want to tell it to your teacher, just tell it to your mom."
(Ummmm-- wait a minute....)

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud as always. But seriously, you should probably stop wearing pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously?? So I was growing my hair so I could put it in a braid or pigtails...I am seriously rethinking that one now.
    Love that LM! He is highly entertaining!
    SP

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)