Wednesday, March 31, 2010

That's What She Said....

Amazingly, our home improvement projects are coming along quite nicely this week! It seems like during most undertakings one thing usually leads to another, and before you know it your initial project spawns 15 new projects you hadn't anticipated (bumping up your final costs exponentially). Well, that hasn't happened this time around (knock on wood). And guess what? We haven't killed each other yet. Not even once! Woohoo!

So you may be wondering-- what's blog-worthy about a home improvement project that's going according to plan? Well.... Most of you know by now that my sense of humor hasn't matured much past 3rd grade, so when I overheard hubby and the guys talking through their work routine, umm...I couldn't help but be highly amused.

Here, I'll let you be a fly on the wall:

"It's not quite fitting, I'm gonna have to pound it in."
"Give it a little tap-tap-tappy."
"Jiggle it a bit."
"Oh, that feels nice!"
"Grab it right there."

Heehee! Who woulda thunk they were talking about bamboo planks?

Anyway.... For those curious souls, here's a photo of the progress so far (although, in my techie-challenged way I managed to flip-flop the picture somehow, but you get the idea):


Oh, the joys of home-ownership! But, hey, aren't some of the best things in life hard? (Well, that's what she said....)

G'night everyone!




1 comment:

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)