Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Booty Mouth? Butt Throat?

I was just trying to think of a better name for Strep Throat. See, I was kinda...sickened...to learn that the bacteria which causes this lovely illness is the same one that resides in, well...Uranus.

So what's it doing in my mouth, huh?? Yeah-- apparently the darling little vermin are to blame for the unbelievable pain in my throat. I've never had Strep Throat before. Heck, I'm not even positive I have it now-- the doctor didn't even do a culture. (Say what?!) Now, normally I would insist that all the t's be crossed and i's be dotted before accepting a prescription for antibiotics. But you see, I probably would have gone along with it if she'd told me I had Purple People Eater Disease for which the only cure is rubbing mango on my feet and chanting "hoo-ha!" while hopping in a circle-- downtown. Just make the flippin' pain go away!

Apparently I have a lower pain tolerance than my birthing stories would suggest. Either that, or Migraines, Pneumonia and Strep Throat truly are the suicide thought-inducing experiences I believe them to be. And I don't even get a baby out of the deal! (Oh, wait-- that's a plus at this point.)

But, really, isn't the whole concept of streptococcus multiplying in your mouth disgusting? Why don't they just stay in your booty where they belong? Was it just time for their yearly pilgrimage or something? Hmmmmm.

Oh, look at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)