Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quoties!

My sister told me the other day that one of her friends (who has been made privy to some of LM's finest moments) would like to hang out with him someday. And although I've never met her, I smiled at this because it's true that LM is a great source of entertainment (in the privacy of our own home). You just never know what's going to come outta his mouth. And that is part of the fun (and fear) of being with him. But he's not the only one....

1. Hubby: (flustered by the kids' bad behavior in the car, he gets his mords wixed up) "There are other more important things than getting there safely!"
(Uh...like what? World peace?)

2. LM: "This house is just too much. We need to blow it up."
(Note to self: lock up flammable chemicals and matches. And remind hubby to not be so free about verbalizing his home improvement frustrations.)

3. Ruby Jane: (singing a pre-dinner prayer, but spontaneously changing the last word) "Thank you Jesus for this food, it looks palatable!"
(Jesus and I thank you, sweet child.)

4. LM: (tugging on my sleeve urgently as we navigated through busy downtown) "I need to tell you somefin'!"
Me: "Okay, go ahead."
LM: (pulling me closer so he could whisper) "I just saw a man who should go on The Biggest Loser."
Me: (whispering back) "Thank you for not sharing that out loud, LM."

5. LM: (discussing girls with his sister, and how to tell which ones like him) "So, she likes me?"
Ruby: "Well, what kind of 'like' do you mean?"
LM: "You know-- the one that starts with 'L'."

6. LM: (dressed in earmuffs and swinging a cane around while singing his heart out-- mimicking Gene Kelly) "I'm singin' in the rain! What a loooovely sight! My favorite day is rain day!" (Then stopping abruptly) "Okay, show's over."
(Bummer....)

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)