Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Have A Nice Stay!

I think if we had a motto for this week it would be, "Um...that wasn't in the plan." At least...not in my plan.

But apparently my plans are boring and predictable, as they do not include flooding the laundry/bathroom floor with backed-up sewer water. And while I can agree that the aforementioned situation is infinitely more interesting than the plans I had previously arranged (which involved sipping cool drinks on the deck while chatting with my beloved cousin), I cannot say it was better.

However, the good news is, the plumbing has been cleaned out and our guests will not have to take a shower while standing in a lake of poop water after all. (We do try to treat guests better than that. Unless we hate our guests, of course. And then not only must they stand in the poop water, they must brush their teeth with it as well. But I digress....)

All in all, our guests have been marvelously resilient to all the "non-plans" that have been happening during their visit. Now if we can only convince them to come again sometime.... Maybe we can arrange for someone to get electrocuted by a faulty outlet or something. You know, just to keep it interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh! I just hate water problems, especially those connected to the sewer. Hope you never have to experience the sewer backing up into the bathtub at the cabin. As LM would say, "I have"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! That would make for an especially adventurous coast vacation. :)

      Delete
  2. Nothing like a little "plumbing trouble" to make everyone's stay more interesting! I have to tell you that I've heard nothing but stories about how WONDERFUL their visit was with all of you! (BTW, your new profile picture is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that, because we cannot WAIT to do it again! Already dreaming about next year.... :)

      Delete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)