Friday, July 13, 2012

Man Up!

Hubby went backpacking and decided to appoint LM as "man of the house" while he's gone.

Nice one, hubs. He might as well have said, "Hey LM, here's a free pass to do whatever you want for the next three days! Have at it, bud!" Hmmm, maybe next time I leave I'll appoint Ruby as "princess". Should give him about the same effect.

But the upside is that LM is taking his role very seriously. When we returned home late this evening, he even insisted on checking the house for burglars before letting me inside.

"Hey, is anyone in here?" he called out through the barely cracked-open door. When no heinous criminal answered, he figured we were safe to enter. Phew!

Anyway...haven't done quotes in a while, and surprisingly, I only have a few to share:

1. LM: (to his sister's friend) "Beware of my sister, she tends to have a lot of problems."
(Needless to say, he didn't earn any points with his sister on that one.)

2. Hubby: (stepping on the dog's bed) "Gross! There's something wet there." (He bravely bends down to take a whiff.)
Me: "Is it pee? Puke? Drool?"
LM: "Maybe it's time we get her some diapers."
Me: "Bud, at the point we need to get this dog diapers, it'll be time to take her down to the vet for a permanent nap."
Hubby, Ruby, LM: (in chorus) "Nooooooooooooo!"
(Seriously? I can't be the only one who sees the logic in this.)

3. Hubby: (asleep) "Cascading Ken. Dude, I would totally pick him-- he's the perfect match! And Alfonso...that guy rocks! Or is it Alonso? Alfonso or Alonso? Alfonso, that's it."
(Cascading Ken? Was he dreaming about Malibu Barbie's boyfriend or something?)

4. MIL: (referring to a person whose intellect does not impress her) "Yeah, she's not the sharpest cook in the drawer."
(Ummm...never mind.)

5. LM: (fed-up with his misbehaving little cousin) "Somebody needs to overthrow that brat!"
(No worries, son, his parents have already staged a coup.)

6. LM: (speaking to his great grandma) "Gigi, have you ever been hit where it hurts?" (Points to his crotch and nods knowingly) "I have."

7. Mister: (after his sister hit him for being a pest) "Mom, Bopper hit me!"
Bopper: "That's not hitting, that's sign language for 'Mister, knock it off!'"
(I'd like her to teach me her version of sign language sometime-- sounds useful!)

That's all I got for now. Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to decide if MIL or Hubby gets the "too funny" award! (I DID notice the time you posted this, and that made me laugh, too...aaww, it makes me sentimental for those good ole sleepovers at our house so many years ago!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)