Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And Here's 6 More....

Even I made it into the mix this time!  (I know...shocking.)  

1.  LM: "Mom, can I watch Sid the Science Kid on TV?"
Me: "No.  Sorry Bud, but we don't get TV shows anymore, remember?" (No cable TV, no converter box....)
LM: "Oh yeah, 'cause we're a poor family, right?"
(For the record, we don't tell our kids that we're poor.  Oh, wait...yes we do.)

2.  (After hearing me insist his, er..."budding" sister go put on a bra): "I can't wait until I grow boobs!"  (He was promptly corrected.)

3.  Ruby Jane: (inspecting hubby's hairy chest) "Daddy, you really could be Big Foot."

4.  LM: (to the edgy-looking female barista with a lip ring) "What happened to your lip?"
Barista: "I stuck a needle through it."
LM: "It makes me wanna throw-up!"  (Then proceeds to behave as though he actually might.)

5.  (Hubby playing a bit of keep-away in his classroom as LM and Ruby Jane actively vied for his macadamia nuts for their after-school snack.)
Me: "Quit trying to grab your daddy's nuts and let's go!"
(Sheepish, I scurried outta there real quick-like.)

6.  Hubby: "Do you have any homework tonight, LM?"
LM: "Look in my folder, fool!"

I know some of you have children who say the darnedest things as well (a certain niece of mine comes to mind)-- so post their silly sayings in a comment and add to the smiles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)