Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kiddo Quotes For This Week

I truly wish I could have recorded a few of the conversations I had with my children this week.  Some were borderline TV show material.  Amazing stuff.  But, alas, I can't accurately remember whole entire conversations well enough to recreate here.  Let's just say that boobs, T-Rexes and Jesus were topics of intense interest this week (and were sometimes included in the same discussion-- don't ask how-- but it made sense at the time).

In any case, here are the week's quotes:

1.  "Ruby Jane achoo'd on me and now I have her germs!"

2.  LM: "I'm going to marry Sonia."  
Ruby Jane: (with superiority) "You can't do that!  She's too old for you."
(Although the age difference is certainly an issue here, in my opinion there are other more important issues to consider before marrying one's pet Boxer.  Like her terrible oral hygiene, for instance.)

3.  (LM realizing he was barefooted as he was trying to put his shoes on): "I have to put my socks on first or else I'll get a blizzard."

4.  (Ruby Jane talking about a friend who just visited Hawaii and renamed all his classmates upon his return.)
Ruby Jane: "Mom, I have a Hawaiin name!"
Me: "What is it?"
Ruby Jane: "Pikake."
LM: (not to be outdone) "I have a Hawaiin name too!"
Me: "Oh yeah?  What's yours?"
LM: "T-Rex Eat Hawaii."

5.  (LM talking to his classmates as he was waiting in line to enter school): "Sometimes I sneak into my mom and dad's bed at night.  Dad has to make room for me, but he's really stinky!"
(Amen to that, brother!)

6.  (LM playing Red Rover with Ruby Jane and me-- yes, it's possible with only three-- and reinventing the classic chant into a sort of wishful spell.)
LM: "Red Rover, Red Rover, send Ruby away!"

Bonus: Kindergarten theology.  (Again, hubby and I have work to do-- but we're getting closer...I think....)
LM: "Our family is nice to Jesus, right?  We give him dinosaurs and stuff!"
(Er...I'm not sure what LM has been putting in the offering plate at church, but I'm definitely going to start paying closer attention.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)