Friday, April 24, 2009

It Was A Slow Week....

I had trouble collecting 6 quotes this week-- and not for lack of trying.  But The Bopper made it on the list this time.  I expect we'll start seeing more and more of that kind of thing....

1. The Bopper: (speaking about the playground her daddy is building at their house-- I hope) "Daddy made a big one in the backyard!"

2. Ruby Jane: "If math were a person it would be my enemy."

3. Ruby Jane: "LM just said he hated me!"
Me: (frowning and shaking my head) "LM, we don't talk like that in this house.  Tell your sister you love her."
LM: (grumbling) "I love you... smart-mouth."

4. Me: (as I caught LM taking a pair of scissors to his nice polo shirt) "What are you doing?!?"
LM: (dropping the scissors and running to hug me) "Sorry, Mom, I was just testing you."
(Uh...did I pass??)

5. Me: "Ugh!  LM, did you just fart on me?!"
LM: (sitting on my lap, pleased as punch) "Yeah, do you like it?"
(Not exactly my cup of tea, no.)

6. LM: (inviting a strange neighbor girl inside the house to meet me) "There's my mom, does she look pretty beautiful?"  
(Now, if only I could get him to repeat that line in the future when he brings his girlfriend over the first time.  That oughta scare her off....  No, wait, I need to keep reminding myself I'm not going to be that kind of boy-mom.  Remember, remember, remember!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments make a blog a conversation rather than a monologue. So join in! (Just, um, be nice and all that.)